Vacation Rental Information
Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend - Summer in Asheville is wonderful!! - 4 to 5 night minimums required
- Friday night before Memorial Day through Labor Day Weekend - 4 night minimum stay required.
- Mid-June through Mid-August 5 night minimum stay required
Holidays and Leaf (October, Thanksgiving and Christmas, Easter Weekend): Don't miss Asheville's amazing Fall foliage and Asheville's Thanksgiving and Christmas Splendor!
- Fall Season - first Friday in October through first Thursday night in November – 4 night minimum stay required
- Thanksgiving week - 5 night minimum stay required
- Christmas Holiday weeks, first Friday before Christmas Day through Saturday night after New Year’s Day – 5 night minimum stay required
- Easter Weekend - 4 night minimum stay required
"Shoulder" Seasons: Take advantage of Asheville lodging values in our Shoulder Seasons - 3 night minimum stay required
- Most of April, May, September, November, & December, except for Holiday & Leaf season Weeks – 3-night minimum stay required
- First Friday in April up until Memorial Day Weekend, excepting Easter Weekend should it fall in this period – 3 night minimum stay required
- Monday night (Labor Day) in September through first Thursday night in October – 3 night minimum stay required
- First Friday night in November through Monday night before Thanksgiving Day – 3 night minimum stay required
- Sunday night after Thanksgiving Day through first Thursday night before Christmas Day – 3 night minimum stay required
Winter Discount Season: Winter in Asheville!
- First Sunday night in January after New Year’s Day weekend through the first Thursday night in April – 2 night minimum stay required, excepting Easter Weekend should it fall within this period.
Other Fees & Taxes:
If paying by check or cash, an additional $250 security deposit is collected and deposited in advance. If paying by credit card (we take MC, Visa, Discover and American Express), the card number is held on file in lieu of any actual security payment. If paying by check, the Security Deposit is refundable upon acceptable check-out (scroll down to review easy check-out requirements). We require all guests to accept our Rental Agreement. This may all be done by submitting acceptance at the bottom of the Rental Agreement, all online (no mailing required).
Taxes are subject to change. Current taxes are 7% NC Sales Tax plus 4% Accommodation taxes, or 11% taxes added to all rental totals, 7% taxes added to all other fees, should there be any (Pet, Damage, Housekeeping, Cancellation, for example).
Pets are accepted at all of most of our properties for a fee of $10 per pet per day or $50 per pet per stay, whichever is less. We do expect all pet owners to abide by and submit our Pet Stay Agreement. The Pet Fee is a privilege fee, not a damage or cleaning fee. 7% NC Sales Tax is added to pet fees.
Reservation and Cancellation:
In order to hold a reservation, 50% of the total is due, refundable minus a $35 booking fee up until 60 days prior to a check-in date, at which time payment is due in full and no longer refundable (we highly recommend trip insurance and can refer a few vendors to you, although we do not manage or handle trip insurance ourselves - call your homeowners or home rental insurance company for reputable traveler insurance company references). In addition to 50% of the rental rate, online submission of our Rental Agreement is also required In order to confirm, and therefore hold, the reservation.
Check-in is at 4:00 pm. Early check-in may be arranged in advance at $25 per hour. The earliest check-in we can guarantee is 2:00 pm.
Check-out is at 11:00 am. Late check-out may be arranged in advance at $25 per hour. The latest check-out we can guarantee is Noon.
On many occasions it is not possible to arrange early check-ins or late check-outs.
You may call on short notice (24 hours ahead of time or same day) to determine if a rental is available for an early check-in or a late check-out.
Vacation In Asheville - Vacation Rental and Cabin Rental Checkout Procedures and Requirements:
Each Vacation Rental and Cabin Rental home is privately owned and we ask that you treat it as if it were your own. When you leave, follow the check list you will find below - as you would for your own home when you leave it. We do not expect or want you to clean (you’re on vacation!), but we do expect you to leave the house in a respectful and tidy condition.
Fees will be assessed and charged to the credit card on file, or against the security deposit if these items are not completed properly.
- Put all garbage and room trash in plastic trash bags and take to the large outdoor garbage container(s). Be especially careful with outdoor garbage and seal it well or it will attract BEARS and other wild critters. BAG ALL TRASH; raw trash thrown into unlined garbage cans is a mess and takes a great deal of additional time to clean, which usually results in additional fees for you.
- Recycling – do recycle if you wish, but PLEASE be tidy about it (we do not clean and sort nasty recycle-ables – do your part). Use the blue plastic bags and/or the plastic bins provided. Extra blue bags are under the kitchen sink or in the pantry. If you are not into tidy recycling, consider it regular trash.
- Clean up all trash that members of your group may have neglected to throw away - inside, outside & around the house. Examples are bottles, cans, cigarette butts, etc.
- While we screen against party groups, from time to time we do have groups gather together with members who may celebrate in what we call an irresponsible manner. On rare occassions, these groups have left the properties with excess garbage strewn about, alcohol containers, cigarette butts, vomit... you get the picture. This is not tolerated and there will definitely be a substantial fee added to the bill (most likely to the tune $250) if a group leaves the house in this or similar condition. We hate to point this out to all guests, when it is a very few who treat properties in this manner.
KITCHEN & LAUNDRY
- Place dirty dishes in the dishwasher and run the cleaning cycle or wash and leave them in the dish drainer by the sink. Dishwasher tabs are under the sink
- Leave any re-usable food items you do not wish to take with you in one spot on the counter, in the fridge or freezer
- Place all dirty towels, washcloths, etc. in a pile - on the floor near or on washer/dryer. If you feel like starting a load of laundry, it is helpful but not expected
- You do not need to strip the beds, and housekeeping prefers that you leave them as is in the morning when you leave.
FURNITURE - If you have moved inside or outside furniture around, make sure all is placed back where you found it.
- Conserve energy: Check all thermostats & make sure you have turned down the heat in cold months to 58 degrees, turned up the AC in warm months to 78 degrees. Some of the properties have several thermostats.
- Check and turn off small appliances (i.e., coffee maker, iron), lights and stove,
- Close and lock all doors, SIGN THE CHECK-OUT SHEET (in the clear plastic sheet protector on the house fridge) AND CALL OUR OFFICES WHEN YOU LEAVE – 828 994-2627 - Leave a message if you do not get us directly