Oakland Cottage is an Asheville historic home, circa 1910, perfect for a North Carolina family vacation or travel adventure. This 5,000 square-ft "cottage" has been naturally separated into private and roomy suites. The open common areas, available to all guests, create a warm and spacious feel. Room rates range from $105 - $150 nightly and include a wonderful full breakfast each morning, complimentary WIFI, complimentary off street parking and more! Click here to view our availability calendar.
A short one and a half miles from the entrance to the Biltmore Estate, just two miles from Pack Square, Asheville's historic downtown center, a half mile to the River Arts District of Asheville and 2 miles to the vibrant West Asheville, Oakland Cottage, an Asheville Bed and Breakfast in Asheville, North Carolina is in a location that is tough to beat!
- Two-room suites are wonderful for families, small groups, "girlfriend getaways", or couples desiring a bit more space than your average B&B room.
- Three cozy one-room accommodations for those looking for a wonderful bed and breakfast value.
- Private full bath in every guest suite or guest room.
- Delightful full breakfast each morning in the dining room from 8:30 - 9:30, usually buffet style (inquire about special diet needs or a lighter option, earlier or later).
- Coffee & teas available for guests all day (as well as electric kettle and coffee maker in each room).
- Fast & free wireless Internet access.
- Open common areas to enjoy, inside & out, with games, puzzles, books, DVD player & DVD library.
- Convenient & complimentary on-sight laundry facilities with iron, ironing board, washer, & dryer.
- Guest kitchenette with fridge/freezer and icemaker, blender, microwave, dishes, wineglasses, etc. available to all guests, Suites with in-room mini-fridge and microwave.
- Some rooms are pet friendly (review pet stay agreement) - inquire about the Dogwood Suite on the first floor with a second private entry and porch, great for a little more "come and go" privacy.
- New room coming soon! The Library Room, will open in mid to late May. Enjoy extra large windows overlooking the back yard, a full private bath with a large soaking tub/ shower combination with lovely tiling and cottage style accents. The Library Room #2 will have a king bed and is located on the first floor. Amenities you expect at Oakland Cottage are, of course, part of the Library Room - complimentary WIFI, offstreet parking, access to the butler's pantry and guest laundry room!
Inquire about suites with a mini-fridge, microwave, private entry, or private deck!
Child & family friendly, extra guest fee $15 nightly, extra guest fee for children 12 years old or younger, $5.00 nightly.
Some rooms are pet friendly with acceptance of the pet agreement and $10 per pet per night.
Conveniently located in Asheville NC, near access to the Blue Ridge Parkway, 8 miles via Town Mountain Road to MPM 377.4 at Cravens Gap, 5 miles via I-40 to exit 53 to MPM 384.7 at US Hwy 74-A, 4 miles via US Hwy 25 (Hendersonville Road) to MPM 388.85, or 4 miles via I-26 E to Brevard Rd at the junction of the NC Arboretum and Bent Creek Recreational area.
Oakland Cottage B&B is a member of the North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Association (NCBBI), which was formed in 1985 and very quickly established its mission statement and by-laws, filed its articles of incorporation, and developed inspection standards for membership. NCBBI is the only nationally recognized state B&B association in North Carolina and represents the largest cross section of B&Bs/Inns in the state. Celebrating its silver anniversary this year, NCBBI's ongoing Quality Assurance Program is a hallmark of the Association, and it is a national leader in maintaining the measure of excellence for which state associations strive.