Reserve all of Oakland Cottage for a North Carolina family reunion, girlfriend getaway, golf retreat, wedding group, cycling club, or couples' gathering.
Oakland Cottage B&B is popular to reserve in its entirety, as a "whole house," for family reunions, girlfriend get aways, couples' retreats, cycling vacations, small retreat-style meetings, and lodging for wedding groups (small intimate Asheville, North Carolina weddings may be held at Oakland Cottage - extra fees apply).
Rates include use of all common spaces within the house (except the main kitchen), concierge services, daily maid room & housekeeping services, & a delightful full breakfast served buffet style in the dining room each morning at a time of your group's choice. Innkeepers live onsite and live in the private entry apartment of the Bed and Breakfast.
The butler's pantry "kitchenette" with refrigerator/freezer and ice-maker, microwave, toaster, blender, dishware, bar sink, and more, is available, in which guests can prepare beverages and snacks and light meals. The main kitchen may be reserved by request only, in which guests can prepare a full meal, should they so desire, but the main kitchen is generally off limits. A complimentary Guest Laundry Room is also on property.
Click here to view the rates for our Full Service rental option.
Oakland Cottage bed and breakfast is centrally located, just 1 mile North of the entrance to the Biltmore Estate, 1.5 miles south of Asheville's historic downtown area.
With its proximity to the Blue Ridge Parkway and other fantastic rural North Carolina bicycling routes, Oakland Cottage is often reserved by cycling clubs or groups. Groups enjoy working with Chainheart Cycling Studio for extra support of varying degrees- a biker's boutique.clude u
Whole-Cottage Reservation Policies:
- Whole-Cottage Base Rates are based on 12 guests. If there are more than 12 guests, an additional $15 per guest per night applies. There is an 18 guest maximum occupancy.
- 2-night minimum stay requirement on weekend nights, except for some last-minute bookings, based on availability, or "pinch nights" with bookings around a weekend night
- 5-night minimum requirement on some holiday weeks such as Thanksgiving & Christmas. Inquire about "self-catering" options available only over holiday weeks.
- Children and infants are welcome, and the suites are wonderful for families. Cribs are available.
- Pets are especially appropriate with whole-house reservations, and are welcome with a $10/pet per night fee, not to exceed $50 per pet per stay. Guests must abide by and agree to our pet agreement.
- Reservation & Cancellation policies: In order to hold a "whole house" reservation, 50% of the full payment is due. This amount is refundable except for a $35 booking fee, up until 60 days prior to the reservation date. Within 60 days of the reservation date, full payment is due and is no longer refundable.
- While we do not provide Traveler's Insurance, we do recommend it if your travel plans are not firm. We have a few insurance companies that we are can recommend and your own homeowners insurance company is likely able to offer a good recommendation as well.
Special Events and Event Services at our Bed and Breakfast, Inn, Cabins and Vacation Rentals
While we do NOT handle functions or catering, we are happy to recommend a few local event venues, caterers & event planners. The homes we manage are not ideal for big (or small) parties for several reasons; the homes, cabins and vacation rentals are in neighborhoods - noise can be a big problem for neighbors; parking is usually not at all adequate; there is often excessive trash related to events and parties that has to be disposed of properly; the homes are not designed to handle large numbers of people (plumbing, problems often arise); unfortunately, when additional guests come to a vacation rental property, they can be negligent and irresponsible towards other people's property.
Therefore, without careful screening, the risk of damage to the house, plumbing issues and repairs, excessive post-trash collection by our staff, and often irate neighbors, it just doesn't make sense to open our homes, cabins and vacation rentals to what can become "party groups." The nightly rental rate charged for an overnight stay at the property does not entitle the rentor to hold a function or party at the property, especially if the number of guests attending the event exceeds the maximum stated occupancy of the property (see the rental agreement, #3 Occupancy). Each property will have a stated maximum guest occupancy in the description of the home.
However, with all that said, some of our properties, including Oakland Cottage Bed and Breakfast, may be ideal for certain small functions and special events; and, they may be arranged through an application approval process, along with the associated fees. There have been many successful small weddings, rehersal dinners, bridal breakfasts, birthday parties, and more at many of the properties we manage. Should you wish to hold an event at one of our Asheville Vacation Rentals, Cabin Rentals or at Oakland Cottage Bed and Breakfast, venue fees begin at
$75 per event for the stated occupancy of the property plus an additional 10 guests
$10 each additional guest up to 50 guests
Discussion if more that 50 total guests
The venue fee does not include any other services except permission to have an event at the property:
Oakland Cottage - Maximum stated occupancy = 18 guests. $75 event fee would cover any event at the house for the 18 guests and up 28 guests total at the property. If there were 33 guests, there would be a $75 event fee plus $10 each additional guest in excess of the 28 guest max, or an additional $50, ttl $125 event fee for 33 guests, and so on.
All event plans must be approved by Vacation-In-Asheville. If extensive catering is contracted by the guest, caterers must be approved by Vacation-In-Asheville; and a 5% upcharge might be added to all catered fees. Vacation-In-Asheville will handle all permit requirements, should there be any needed; all city and/or county ordinances must be complied with, such as quiet hours which begin at 10 pm.