We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, personal & cashiers checks. In order to confirm & therefore hold a reservation, 50% of the total rental is due at the time the reservation is made (or within 5 business days if a personal check is being used for payment). Final & full payment is due 60 days PRIOR to check-in date. Personal checks will not be accepted less than 30 days prior to arrival.
2. Cancellation Policy:
- GUEST CANCELLATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING. If you cancel your reservation 60 days or more prior to the check-in date your confirmation payment will be reimbursed minus a cancellation processing fee of $35.00. Within 60 days of the check-in date funds are due in full and are non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation within 60 days of the check-in date, if a the property is re-booked any amount re-booked will be refunded, minus the $35 processing fee. There are NO exceptions.
- A home that is unacceptable to the guest is considered a cancellation.
- Vacation-In-Asheville may cancel a Reservation, if, in its sole opinion, it is in the best interest of the Owner.
- Vacation-In-Asheville is not responsible for the weather or other Acts of God and there will be no refunds.
- Travel Insurance protects you from losses you may incur because of unforeseen circumstances, such as weather, illness and injuries. While we do not provide it, we recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance. You may call our offices for referrals on Travel Insurance Companies, you will find many offerings on the Internet and many Home Owner Insurance providers may also refer a reputable Travel Insurance to you.
- Guest will restrict occupancy to the stated limit for the reserved property at all times.
- Guest agrees to honor check-in and check-out times. Unless otherwise noted on the reservation, Check-in is 4:00 pm; Check-out is 11:00 am. If the property is not vacated at check-out time, Vacation In Asheville is hereby authorized to charge a late check-out fee and to remove Guests' belongings from the property at Guests' expense.
- Absolutely NO PETS ALLOWED unless the property description indicates otherwise. If pets are found in a unit that does NOT allow pets or where permission to have a pet has not been indicated in the reservation, all monies will be forfeited and you will be asked to vacate the property.
- This agreement may not be transferred or assigned.
- Absolutely no house parties, youth groups, fraternities, weddings, receptions or parties allowed. Vacation-In-Asheville does not rent to students or groups of students under any circumstances, even if a parent or legally responsible adult makes the reservation and/or pays the rent. If such a group attempts to occupy one of our rental properties, ALL MONIES WILL BE FORFEITED AND INDIVIDUALS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY.
- In some pre-arranged cases, receptions, dinner parties or other functions may be held at our properties. Permission must be given for such and indicated in the reservation. A minimum function fee of $200 must be collected prior to Guests' arrival.
- Guest authorizes Vacation-In-Asheville employees and or contractors access to the property when Vacation-In-Asheville determines that it is necessary.
Occupancy and use of the premises and amenities shall not be in a manner that disturbs residents or other Guests. Vacation-In- Asheville has the right to terminate this Agreement, ask disruptive Guests to vacate and all monies will be forfeited.
Guests agree to hold Vacation-In-Asheville harmless for any accident or injury whatsoever that may occur on the rental property during occupancy.
6. Additional Fees and Charges:
- Damages: Guest agrees to be responsible for all damages and/or excessive cleaning caused by members of Guests party and agrees to pay all costs that exceed the Security Deposit.
- Smoking is not allowed indoors in any of the properties or guest rooms. There are porches and outdoor spaces where guests may smoke. A $75 cleaning fee will be charged if smoking occurs indoors.
- Security Deposit: If paying by cash or check, a $250 Cash or Check Security Deposit is required prior to check-in. Upon acceptable check-out, this amount will be refunded by US mail within 15 days of departure and will include invoices for damages and/or cleaning, if any. If paying by Credit Card, the Card is held on file in lieu of any actual pre-payment. In the event that damage and/or cleaning charges are required, invoices and credit card receipts will be e-mailed to you.
- Returned Payment: A $40.00 Returned Check Fee will be charged if a Guest's check is returned for any reason.
Maintenance and repairs are needed from time to time while Guests are staying in the property. Guest agrees to notify Vacation-In-Asheville as soon as a maintenance problem occurs. Breakdowns and other maintenance issues will be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. Refunds or discounts will not be given due to maintenance or breakdown issues.
8. Personal Items:
Vacation In Asheville is NOT responsible for Guest's personal belongings that are lost, stolen or left behind. If requested and if found, any left-behind items will be returned at Guest's expense.
This Agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the State of North Carolina, including the NC Vacation Rental Act, and represents the entire Agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in the County within which the Rental Property is located. If any part of this Agreement shall be deemed unenforceable by law, that part shall be omitted from this Agreement without affecting the remaining Agreement. Vacation-In-Asheville shall conduct all activities in regard to this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status of any Guest.
You must acknowledge understanding & acceptance of our policies by either printing and signing your name, current date, and reservation number on the PDF form here, or by submitting the form found online, providing the information requested below and clicking the "submit" button. We must receive this acknowledgment prior to check-in, preferably at the time the reservation is made. For short notice reservations (within 60 days of check-in date), send this immediately so that we may confirm your reservation.